Author Topic: Pyrovore List  (Read 1735 times)

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Pyrovore List
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
PM sent to me for a pyrovore list for 'nids...

...here we go!

Yes, let's use  the model GW can’t sell and nobody uses…

Super cheap on Ebay and something different then the only 1 competative 'nid list out there (NOTE: This is a FAAC list- fun at all costs)

Burn them out…

Bomb them out…

Then send in the gaunts…

== HQ ==
Hive Tyrant (1) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Hive Commander
Hive Tyrant (1) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence

== Elites ==
Pyrovore Brood
   Pyrovore (3)
   Mycetic Spore
Pyrovore Brood
   Pyrovore (3)
   Mycetic Spore (1)
Pyrovore Brood
   Pyrovore (3)
   Mycetic Spore (1)

== Troops ==
Tervigon (1) - Stinger Salvo, Cat
Termagant Brood (20) - Fleshborer
Termagant Brood (15) - Fleshborer 

== Heavy Support ==
Biovore Brood (3)
Biovore Brood (3)
Biovore Brood (3)

Lots of template F U N !

Pyros land with the pods and get close enemy infantry and blast away, and once free of the pod next turn try to get as close as possible for further templates, but also for the fun of when they explode when they die- extra fun if the explosion manages to kill a marine.  3 S5 AP 4 templates per unit does put a hurt on non power armor.

Bios in the back launch spore mines across the table, and as a bonus are scoring in certain missions.

Tervigons advance mid field spawning gaunts who support the pyros and then break or spawn off for objectives.

Hive Tyrants deal with the other threats your opponent has that you can’t really take on since your pyros and bios are mainly anti-infantry.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
Re: Pyrovore List
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »
PM sent to me for a pyrovore list for 'nids...

...here we go!

Yes, let's use  the model GW can’t sell and nobody uses…

Super cheap on Ebay and something different then the only 1 competative 'nid list out there (NOTE: This is a FAAC list- fun at all costs)

Burn them out…

Bomb them out…

Then send in the gaunts…

== HQ ==
Hive Tyrant (1) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Hive Commander
Hive Tyrant (1) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Twin-Linked Deathspitter, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence

== Elites ==
Pyrovore Brood
   Pyrovore (3)
   Mycetic Spore
Pyrovore Brood
   Pyrovore (3)
   Mycetic Spore (1)
Pyrovore Brood
   Pyrovore (3)
   Mycetic Spore (1)

== Troops ==
Termagant Brood (20) - Fleshborer
Termagant Brood (15) - Fleshborer 

== Heavy Support ==
Biovore Brood (3)
Biovore Brood (3)
Biovore Brood (3)

Lots of template F U N !

Pyros land with the pods and get close enemy infantry and blast away, and once free of the pod next turn try to get as close as possible for further templates, but also for the fun of when they explode when they die- extra fun if the explosion manages to kill a marine.  3 S5 AP 4 templates per unit does put a hurt on non power armor.

Bios in the back launch spore mines across the table, and as a bonus are scoring in certain missions.

Tervigons advance mid field spawning gaunts who support the pyros and then break or spawn off for objectives.

Hive Tyrants deal with the other threats your opponent has that you can’t really take on since your pyros and bios are mainly anti-infantry.

I love this, and this is what I love about Fritz, looking at the game and units in different ways to anyone else. This Nid bomb really does look like fun :) Makes me want to take another look a Flayed one army I was thinking about :)

Offline BeeCee

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:21:01 AM »
the number of pie plates this army is throwing out is crazy!
Check out my thoughts and below average painting as a member of the FTGT team.

http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.com/

Offline FTGT Evan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • FTGT
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
This list would more or less wreck a Tau gunline. It's honestly pretty viable I think - the only way I would take Pyrovores is in pods.

Offline mattblowers

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Fritz, I love how you take things most of us throw away as 'non-competitive' and find a way to make them work.  This would shred Tau if you can get close.  It would be pretty bad if people hit it hard with terminators or the like.  Still, with all the gun lines were finding this could actually work in the right situation.
Famous last words: "All I have to do is not roll ones...."

Check out my painting blog at http://lilliputianwars.blogspot.com/

Offline Khe-Loc

• Inquisitor Lord
  • Red goes faster .... and so does Saim-Hann
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:50:44 AM »
Looks pretty nice  ;D

It might not be super competitive, but I would run it just to see the face of my opponent when I pull 9 Pyrovores out of my army box  :o

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
I love pyrovores for the simple fact that you can throw them at something like a monsterous creature or a terminator unit and do some serious damage. This list looks fun as hell.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Lublek2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 04:08:32 AM »
the army does look like fun :)
tau would be in some serious hurt! especially now that the devil fish is no longer required to be taken with path finders.
also this is very good against sniper drone teams, if the want to use a multi level building you just put flames to them and they fall over quick ;)