Author Topic: Assistance with a list 1k  (Read 578 times)

Offline sitaavanu

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Assistance with a list 1k
« on: July 30, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »
I just got done with a demo game where I used the following list.

HQ
Chaos Lord Tzeench
Sigil of Corruption, Disk, Powerfist, Combi-Melta

Troops
10 Space Marines w/2 Plasmaguns
Rhino w/2 CombiBolters, Havok Launcher, Warpflame Gargoyles
10 Space Marines w/2 Plasmaguns
Rhino w/2 CombiBolters, Havok Launcher, Warpflame Gargoyles

Fast
6 Bikers - Slaanesh w/2 meltaguns, Icon of Excess
Champion w/Lightning Claws, Combi-Melta

Heavy
2 Obliterators - Nurgle

Between Oblits and Plasmas I could weaken vehicles for the Melta bikes to pop.  Or if there were no troops the fist could break the vehicles.  T5, 3+ & FNP made the unit highly durable.  The Rhinos themselves I found underwhelming but I did manage to set a unit on fire that lasted all game.

The mobility and saves on the lord worked out very well, he could jump around the board and grab objectives relatively easily.

What do you guys think?  worthwhile list or perhaps too light on something?

I'd like the army to be a bit more assaulty but from my limited experience it seems a solid firing base is more important.  I guess thats just something for higher point games?

Playing around with points a bit more.  I could change the Chaos Lord into the following
Sorcerer - Tzeench Lv.2
Force Axe, Combi-Melta, Sigil of Corruption, Disc

This saves 5 points, gives me access to 4 psychic powers (Force - instadeath on AP2, Primaris - anti infantry, and a 2/3 chance for Doombolt for more vehicle popping power). 

Total stat change is -1 WS, -3 str (but still wounding marines easily), -1 wound, -1 attack.  I could save a further 10 points by changing the combi-melta into a pistol and that will remove the -1 attack.

This also unlocks Thousand Sons for some AP3 bolters + more psychic dice.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:07:22 PM by sitaavanu »