Author Topic: 1750 tournament list suggestions???  (Read 867 times)

Offline Greendawnify

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
1750 tournament list suggestions???
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »
I am going to a tournament soon and I am bringing tyranids most people over there dont bring tanks unless it is a flyer there r alot of flyers and chaos marines so heldrakes
heres the list:

Hq
hive tyrant, wings, hive commander, 2 brain leech devourers
hive tyrant, wings, hive commander, 2 brain leech devourers

elites
doom in pod

troops
tervigon, catalyst, toxin sacs
tervigon, catalyst, toxin sacs
10 termegants
10 termegants

heavy support
trygon, toxin sacs
trygon, toxin sacs
trygon, toxin sacs

tactics: hive tyrants bring in reserves on a 2+ good for line braker, try to take out flyers, take out vehicels under av13
and I will usually hit the frontline of my enemy when my trygons arrive
trygons will deep strike and will have to take a round of shooting but they will be fine it is 18 wounds!!!! tervigons and termgants will take back and mid field objectives tervigons will spawn and hopefully roll well for it (I hav had horriable luck with spawning there) and stay near the termagants and if any thing comes close blast them with all the termegants and cluster spines of tervigons!! and cast feel no pain to any of my guys!!

was thinking of switching out one trygon for some y stealers? just for some instant assult ??

wat do u guys suggest? is it a good list? compettive? and no suggesting hive guard or zoanthropes  there r like no tanks there and if there r hive tyrants take them out even av 14 (smash)

thanks

Offline BeeCee

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: 1750 tournament list suggestions???
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »
one thing to note about the Trygon, if you think you are going to run up against Grey Knights it can be very humbling to lose your 200 pt model to Scrubbus McGreyKnight and his force sword. if you are set on the Trygons, try to find a way to work one up as a prime to at least force the ld test on 3d6.

Some Hive Guard to take pot shots at Flyers isn't a bad idea either. heck i'd even consider a dakkafex as some pinch AA if you know you are facing a ton of flyers.
Check out my thoughts and below average painting as a member of the FTGT team.

http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.com/

Offline Greendawnify

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: 1750 tournament list suggestions???
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
I used to worry about grey knights but no one plays them there and with my flyrants they demolish flyers!!!:-)!!:-)!!:-)!!:-)!

and truthfully I really dont like hive gaurd I dont know y I like the model just not the unit?