Author Topic: Warmachine Models for Sisters of Battle  (Read 2183 times)

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Warmachine Models for Sisters of Battle
« on: September 11, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »
I have been recently picking up a few Warmachine models here and there to use for my sisters of battle army thanks to the labor day sell my local store was having. I got a box of Choir of Menoth to use as ministorum priests and I picked up Kommander Sorscha to use as an extra Cannoness.

I was thinking of picking up more Warmachine models, mostly from the faction The Protectorate of Menoth since they kind of fit the bill of the church waging wars of faith with priests chanting prayers into battle. And they also have models that would make good proxies for Death Cult Assassins with their Daughters of the Flame as well as a model that could be used as really fantastic Saint Celestine with The Harbinger of Menoth. Maybe someday I will actually have a small army of Warmachine models to actually start playing Warmachine.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Warmachine Models for Sisters of Battle
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 03:44:47 AM »
Yeah I was just looking at Daughters of the flame. I might bash em together with some tempestus scions to make some tactical looking sisters.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
That could look really cool, I know a lot of people are still waiting around for Raging Heroes kick start to use them as Sisters of Battle too. But I like a lot of the Warmachine stuff too, whatever gets more people playing Sisters I guess lol.

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
I truly dislike the GW Death Cult Assassins. So I've been using some of the female characters from Anima Tactics instead. They aren't cohesive but I don't mind that. In my mind-fluff DCA are highly individualistic. I use some of the GW Crusaders but I also use some Anima Tactics ones as well.

I'll try and post some pictures later.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »
I would love to see what models you are using hillshire send  the pics in when you can.

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
So I tried to make their bases blend with the display board. The display board is metal so I magnetized the bases of all the infantry to make it easy to carry around. The Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins are in two groups. One uses the silver leaves while the other uses gold leaves from the tree I made in the background as decorations for their bases. I haven't figured out the fluff for that yet. I put a little Inquisitorial plaque at the front of the base figuring it says something about the tree.

For fun, I put three Priests and two Stormravens in the scene as well since they are usually working together anyway. But I forgot to put in a GK Librarian. Ah well.

The Priests are the Monty Python Inquisitors by Victoria Miniatures. I magnetized chainswords to sling across their backs. I'm using them as Eviscerators for now until I get some proper bits. I tried something different with them by melting wax to make their bases so it would match their part of the baseboard. Works better in the real world than in pictures. Which is also true for the little tree I made. They also have leaves from the tree in their bases.

The little banners are made by printing parchment and singing the edges.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
I really like the look of the Anima Tactics models for Death Cult Assassins, I might have to pick up a few myself. Do they come with the right size base or do you need to get a base for them hillshire?

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:25 AM »
Thanks, I think they're pretty cool.

The bases are a bit larger (28 mm?) but getting the proper slotted bases is pretty cheap and easy. I think I got a bag of 50 for $5. Not sure, it was a while ago.

I recently got some more battle sisters and my first Penitent Engine. They're not good but I want to try it out anyway. Maybe I can hide her in my backfield and try to surprise some line breakers.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »
Yeah bases a pretty cheap which is nice, the Warmachine bases are bigger than the normal 40k base. Lucky I had some extras laying around for such a situation though.