Author Topic: Fighting GK's  (Read 790 times)

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Fighting GK's
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:29:55 AM »
I have a 3000pt game against GK's coming up and want to use some of my collection that doesn't see much table time.  My opponent will use a deathstar, lots of paladins, termies, a Stormraven and 2 babywalkers. He'll most likely have an execution force and maybe a knight.  I'm going to try the following craftworld warhost.
Core coice: Windrider host;
Farseer skyrunner with stone and spear
2 Warlock skyrunners with spears
4 jetbikes
4 jetbikes
3 cannonbikes
Vyper with shuricannon and star cannon

Wraithhost;
5 Cannon guard in WS(BL and ghost matrix)
5 Scythe guard in WS(BL and ghost matrix)
5 wraith axes
Wraithlord with glaive
Wraithknight with Glaive and shield
Spirit Seer

Crimson Death formation
Wraith knight with suncannon and 2 star cannons

Seer Council
2 Farseers and 7 warlocks.

The combat wraith stuff will stick together using the 6 inch run  to close the distance to hit hard while I pile as many Ap2 shots in as I can.

What powers for my guys would you suggest, I was thinking double Telepathy for the council and Fate for the Skyrunner. Telepathy for the Spirit seer.

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting GK's
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »
Fire dragons with melta guns s8ap1 will remove the Paladins insta death them
🖕🧀

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
Already done that several times. I usually run all aspect warrior lists and want to use my other stuff.  I've made a few adjustments and I'm taking my own Culexus, balance out the one I know he will have.  Will be fun to put one next to his Draigostar and drain it's WC.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »
The game has been postponed until next week but the armies are locked in for an eternal war game. I swapped out one wraithknight, the seer council and the waveserpents for a revenant titan as I haven't tried it out yet. I also have a Culexus.
My opponent will have 4 level 3 libs, 4 units of termies, 3 dreadknights, a purifier squad in rhino, a knight and an execution force.

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:56:41 PM »
That's a deadly gk army
🖕🧀

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 02:45:24 AM »
He's going to be trying the new psychic disciplines except tecnomancy as we used that against admech on the weekend.  I plan to drop some pie plates on his libs.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
We played the eternal war mission Big Guns never tire. He had 4 Librarians with one of each of the new powers in 4 squads of Termies, 2 purifier squads combated in a rhino, 3 Dreadknights a Knight warden and an execution squad.  is first shot with the thermal lance killed my warlord farseer and his Callidus killed 3 of my d-scythe guard.  Throughtout the game my Revenant kept missing(missed the farseers guide) but alongiside killing 2 of my Wraithblades it did take out the Imp Knight. My Wraithknight took 2 turns to kill a Librarian in combat and died to a Dreadknight with Force.  My Wraithlord killed a few Termies, a Librarian and the warlord Librarian so that was good.  My own culexus killed 3 Termies, a squad of 5 Purifiers, a Callidus assassin and took the  last wound off the Dreadknight that had killed my Knight.  The crimson hunters killed two other Dreadknights and a few termies near the end and my jetbikes came on late to grab objectives.  I won 19-4 in turn six when I tabled him.  His shooting was lack-lustre but he wouldn't fail those damn invuls.  The psychic phases were pretty dull and I beat his roll 3 times when he tried to take over my Titan.
It was a great game.