Author Topic: Vs GK's part 2 a 4027pt game (opponent wrote a list that many points.)  (Read 841 times)

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
So after the recent victory over GK's with a mainly wraith army I'm going to try something completely different.  I know he will have no assassins and will be mostly termies, dreadknights and characters including a deathstar. I'm going to try small units each with a very specific role in a very Eldar force. Any thoughts on it's weaknesses and best uses. I will not be changing the list, this is something and want to give some field time to:
Everything is Craftworld warhost for that 6" run.

Warlord: Asureman

Autarch - wings, fusion gun (for the reserve roll and to pop the last w/hp where needed.)

Seer Council:
Eldrad (with Divination)
Farseer, stone: Fate)
7 Warlocks

Guardian battle host consisting of:
3 x 10 Guardians with EML
2 D-cannon
Vyper with two shuri-cannons
Warwalker with 2 BL
Farseer on Jetbike (probably with Divination.) 
This will act as my backfield force, holding objectives and providing supporting fire.

Aspect warhost +1BS
3 x 5 Warpspider, exarch with spinneret rifle (for that AP1 shot)

Aspect warhost +1BS
3 x 6 Dragons
in 3 Falcons with BL

Aspect warhost +1BS
6 Dire Avengers, exarch with Diresword (for AP1 attacks)
6 Dire Avengers, exarch with Diresword (for AP1 attacks)
7 Dire Avengers,  exarch with shimmershield (for AP1 attacks) will Asureman attached.

Aspect warhost +1WS
3 x 6 Banshee's exarch's with Executioners (for AP2 attacks)

Crimson Hunter exarch

Skatcatch Wraithknight with Inferno lances.
Wraithknight with sunrifle.

Each of the Dire Avengers squads will travel near to a howling Banshee squad, providing some supportive firepower and then potentially charge at the same time benefitting from not being over watched.  I have basically made lots of small squads each with an exarch with an AP1/2 weapon to deal as much damage to the 4 termie squads as possible. Asureman will go at the deathstar and start issuing challenges.  The dragons will target the DK's if possible, if not they will wipe and armour.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:18:27 PM by TearoftheDragon »

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
I was reading the list... but wondering - Where is your force org? or is this an Unbound list?

Don't you need a CAD to have the Crimson Hunter and Skatach wraithknight?

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
The Skatach can replace a normal knight in the two slots in the warhost.  We each had a flyer outside of the standard forces to see what the new skies of death was like.  We played The Relic and I won in turn 4, tabling him and scoring 5-2.

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
How has your experience with a seer council on foot been working?

I'm looking at getting my foot-eldar back on the table, and a big foot seer council was always the center pushing force of it.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
To be honest I pulled a pretty poor powers selection.  I did get a few important guides and fortunes off but that was it.  They lasted ok but died eventually to a knight they couldn't out run.  I had mostly taken them for the deny dice which did help as I stopped some powers that would have screwed me badly. The problem now is not being able to cast the same power from it so either you double up to hope to get the power off you want or have to take a set of powers you may not need: Santic: Hammerhand doesn't do much to witchblades or singing spears; Foreboding, if this is useful you're using your council wrong; Precog only affects the psyker, Perfect timing only useful for throwing singing spears and several of the runes of battle powers aren't great unless you can combine them all and maybe have an Avatar nearby to try turn them into a combat unit but that is still better to do on jetbikes with the HoW and extra toughness/save. The seer council is sadly far inferior to the Librarius conclave for more points.