Author Topic: Bullgryn Tactics  (Read 696 times)

Offline cadianshock

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Bullgryn Tactics
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
I tried to write up a fairly comprehensive article on Bullgryns for 8th edition.

Check it out here http://cadianshock.com/bullgryn-tactics/

Did I miss anything?

Have you played Bullgryns yet in 8th? How did they do?

Online Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
Re: Bullgryn Tactics
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »
Nice article. The psychic power state to add one to the saving throws, so yes the Primaris could be a nice addition to the bullgryns squad. Negating one point of AP for the slab shield (4+ against lascannon equivalent) and boosting the brute shield invul by 1 (3+ invul is nice) Plus the Primaris can also take the gaze of the emperor power and has a beam smite power for when the enemy pile in and get close to each other. nice.

So a Priest and a Primaris is the best add-on for the bullgryns. The command squad with a medkit is also great for the bullgryns since you can bring back a bullgryns from the dead on a 4+.
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4

Offline cadianshock

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
Thanks for the input. I have updated the article slightly to reflect your input and other reader's input!

Medikit is a good shout!

Online Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »
Just reread the medipac rules. You can heal a Bullgryns but you can't bring one back. On well. I would still take a medipac and 3 flamers in that command squad to be close by the Bullgryns.

Command Squads, Primaris and priest cost around 130 point to field so it can be expensive if not supported by the rest of the army.
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4